Vas(?):
I hear that she's had... ::thinks:: .. small disagreements with their doctrines that has freed her to work elsewhere

Vas(?):
so are you searching for something?

Ricardo:
Perhaps... You wouldn't be able to get me in to see Alexa, would you?

Vas(?):
Well.. I'm not altogether sure she's "in" anywhere.. she's probably around somewhere

Ricardo:
Well, as always, it's a pleasure to meet our allies from the Emperor Wars.

Ricardo:
Perhaps we'll meet later tonight. ::walks away in search of Alexa::

Vas(?):
::he nods and heads off::

GM:
((so an and ruiz can go too, btw))

An:
::steps out into the quiet night with maria on his arm::

An:
::hums the song from the party wondering what the speak about::

Maria:
I wonder how they're keeping the temperature so nice in here

An:
Good question... hmm... I don't know. We'll have to ask Elena. So... have you seen tien since the party?

Maria:
No.. he rushed out

An:
Odd... he... umm.... well you saw.. didn't you... I mean he just ::rubs his head:: Right...

Maria:
somehow i think that match will be one that will tak a lot of prodding to succeed

An:
I would have to agree. What strange things on this night on a lonely planet.

GM:
::maria and an see, heading down the path towards them, Ricardo's Father and a young man::

GM:
((describe yourself Aric))

An:
::looks up at them and bows to them both::

Aricus:
(( tall dark haired man with green eyes black clothing with glossed black half plate armor a small cylinder hangs from his belt and a white cape adornes his back with the symbol of the battle brother on it))

An:
::looks to the new fellow:: I don't think I've had the pleasure.

Baron:
Oh, excuse me...

Aricus:
::bowing low:: Brother Aricus of the brother battle and you are?

Baron:
Aricus of the Brother Battle, Dona Maria Eduardo and Mr. Anhetepf Griffen

GM:
((was that really bold to anyone but me?))

Aricus:
(( to me it was ))

Tien:
((Very bold.))

Ricardo:
((It was extremely bold to me))

GM:
((oh, cause i put b in <> for the baron.. damn html))

An:
Anhetepf Griffen. Chief of the Reeves. ((me too))

An:
((Weird))

Maria:
::bows to the brother::

Aricus:
::bows to maria::

Baron:
I have been discussing business matters with the Brother... If you two don't object I would like for him to spend some time with you while I deal with other matters

Aricus:
I would be honored to travel with you.

An:
That would be fine, I suspect.

Baron:
then i shall see you all later ::he nods and walks off::

Aricus:
well i have heard much about your travels

An:
Have you? I hope it is all good. ::grins at maria::

Maria:
::smiles while studying him:: I have not met a Brother Battle since the wars

An:
May I ask you name again, I didn't quite catch it.

Aricus:
you may call me Aricus

An:
::turns his head to the side and coughs quietly::

An:
::turns back:: Aricus you say? I will remember it.

Aricus:
So where shall we be headed first

An:
To the ballroom at midnight.

Aricus:
Why there?

An:
Not sure. We are required by our host.

Maria:
It's the turn of the millenium ::grins like they should have known that::

Aricus:
ahhhh i see.

An:
::smiles:: Of course, I was just kidding.

Maria:
so shall we continue?

An:
Yes, lets....

GM:
::the three of you head off through the pleasant-smelling trees::

An:
Nice night tonight... beautiful...

Aricus:
((brb))

An:
::makes his way around, maybe through the courtyard, whereever the feeling leads him::

Aricus:
:: turns to maria:: I was wondering my lady if i could discuss something of importance with you

Maria:
::shrugs:: I suppose

An:
I suppose what?

Aricus:
:: leading maria away:: your father has confessed a concern for you safety

An:
::stands alone waiting to be rejoined::

Maria:
::maria disentagles hereself from an's arm rather confusedly, wondering why it has to be so secret::

An:
::moves on while they talk, figures they will catch up::

Aricus:
and has asked me to, for the time that i am traveling with you, would be your guardian

Maria:
::sighs:: I knew the shoe would drop eventually

Aricus:
for a lady as yourself to travel with this group you father feels that you are in need of a protector

Maria:
Of course he would ::sighs:: I guess if this is how i get to go away it's acceptable

An:
((Afk for a sec))

Aricus:
i am glad you have made such a wise choice my lady. :: bows::

Maria:
Here's something to get our relationship off correctly... My father believes i need a protector.. I disagree...

Aricus:
and i must say with respect my lady i agree with your father

Maria:
I'll allow you to come because that makes him happy, but I do not need to be treated like I am unable to defend myself

Aricus:
of course my lady

GM:
((i swear maria's going to have to dice someone to ribbons before she gets any respect))

GM:
::maria and aric stroll back to where an is::

GM:
::maria and aric, however, dont find an::

Aricus:
Maria do you see that man we were with. i cant find him

Maria:
An does this sometimes

Aricus:
does what

Maria:
Goes off, just to prove he can

Aricus:
what an odd fellow

Maria:
extremely ::she grins::

Maria:
::jumps and looks up scowling at An, then looks back down and heads inside::

Aricus:
:: looks back and forth from an to where maria walked off too franticly::

GM:
::aric cant find an, just noted that mar looked up suddenly then down and kept walking::

Aricus:
(( oh))

Aricus:
((goodnight ))

Elena:
Can I sit?

Tien:
Yes. Talk. Will you sit over here? ::Moves toward a bench.::

Elena:
::she does so, sitting primly, still unused to wearing a dress::

Tien:
I should start. ::Tien looks very uncomfortable:: I should not have done that...The kiss. ::Looks at his hands in his lap::

Elena:
well... I didnt really mind...

Tien:
My order is one where we do not marry.

Elena:
It's just that... I hadnt thought of you in that way.. I guess i've been self involved

Tien:
I do not know what came over me.

Tien:
The music. I felt passions that I have never felt before.

Elena:
passion is good Tien.. it's what lets us know that we're not machines

Tien:
::Looks Elena in the eyes:: You are very beautiful.

Elena:
::she blushes and looks away::

Tien:
:;Tien looks away quickly.::

Tien:
But I am not allowed to have such feeling...for a woman. Or another for that matter. I mean, not physical realtions.

Tien:
((Relations))

Elena:
::sounds a bit embarrased to be asking, following a chain of logic:: but other priests do

Tien:
::Turns sideways to face her:: My order is swore to the preservation of the holy flame.

Tien:
When two people...Join...Part of their divine essence is exchanged to create a new life.

Elena:
::she nods, obviously listening and developing a counterargument::

Tien:
Many of my order. No, my teachers have told me that we must not become..entangled with worldly desires.

Tien:
::Looking at her nodding:: My words...they have hurt you?

Elena:
Well... we constantly try to make new technologies... a lot of the time we do so in a perfect environment.. right temperature, not much oxygen... and a lot of the time the things we make that way just don't work right in the real world...

Tien:
Yes, the monastary is like this. And being i the world is my test.

Tien:
((In the real...))

Tien:
::Takes her hand::

Elena:
But it sounds like what you're doing is bringing the lab with you...

Tien:
You understand better then I had thought. Yes, to survicve the

Elena:
if you don't test the device with all variables, how do you know it works?

GM:
((was that double entandre? i'm not sure :) ))

Tien:
That is why I am in the world with you. To see if I can maintain my ablity to work.

Ruiz:
((lol stephen))

Elena:
but what i'm saying is that you want to see if your faith can survive temptation right?

Tien:
My journey is a test to make sure thate the machine will work outside the lab. I have cared deeply for you since I first met you. As a priest should. But, I have become more attached over the past months.

Elena:
::looks away, not able to reciprocate, having been in her own world::

Tien:
::Takes her hand:: I would rather die then hurt you.

Elena:
::sighs:: I'm afraid this has become theory to me... an unproductive tangent but one engineers tend to be prone to

Tien:
What do you mean?

Elena:
I'm devolving into trying to argue away your beliefs.. and i shouldnt do that

Ruiz:
((afkbrb))

Tien:
::Chuckles slightly:: Then what good is the test?

Elena:
what my point was that i dont see why your test is to avoid things... but rather to prove that you can use them and still keep your faith

Tien:
I understand. ANd perhaps you are right. But 20 years of training is hard to change. I have to wonder why is it that my teachers siad the physical relationships are trouble.

Elena:
I understand.. I know I could not give up technology

Tien:
Ruiz seems very happy. BUt I now understand that these feeling can hurt as much as they help. And why he longs for his lady.

Elena:
I read in a book once the saying "I've never heard anything done out of love come to evil"

Tien:
Love is one of the most powerful emotions in the universe. And it is through the love of the Pancreator that we exist.

Elena:
Yes, and his love is what allows us to do so, to better emulate him

Tien:
But where does love end and jelliously begin? That is what causes harm to mankind. THe pretense of love, but not really love. What do you wish to do now?

Ruiz:
((ok, back))

Tien:
((Yea))

Elena:
I don't know... i never really had to worry about it before... I grew to love my husband, but it started as a marriage of convenience

Tien:
You have been through this before. I will relay on your guidence. ::Kiss her hand that I'm holding in my hand::

Elena:
::deep in thought, looking at tien::

GM:
((you want to get in on anything Ruiz or are you fine?))

Ruiz:
((fine right now.. Anything you wanna do, go ahead. :))

GM:
::ricardo wanders the halls, then eventually hears the melodic voice he's seeking::

GM:
::he turns the corner to see her, radient in her silver dress, sitting and talking to a young boy.. the boy is wearing a nice suit and has curly black hair.. he couldnt be much over 5::

Ricardo:
::swallows hard and wipes nonexistent sweat from his brow::

Ricardo:
::casually walks up without interrupting the conversation between the two::

Alexa:
::alexa notes him, but continues talking:: So where are your parents?

Caradoc:
I don know ::he doesnt seem at all fearful at this::

Tien:
((BRB))

Alexa:
Ah, hello m'lord ::her accent makes it obvious that she's from a li halen world, but has been here for a time as well::

Caradoc:
::the little boy turns to see ric::

Ricardo:
Good evening. Has the child misplaced his parents?

GM:
((hmm.. A also dissappears to html))

Alexa:
Seemingly so... though he does not seem to mind...

Tien:
((back))

Alexa:
I think we haven't met ::she stands:: Alexandra de Li Halen ::she puts up her hand for the don:: and this is.. Caradoc

Caradoc:
::the boy nods::

Ricardo:
::bows at the waist taking her hand gently:: Don Ricardo Valentin Eduarado, knight of the Hazat.

Caradoc:
::the little boy looks at him for a second, a wheel turns in his head and then...:: DADDY!! ::and he throws his arms around the don's leg::

Ricardo:
::a look of grave confusion overtakes him::

GM:
::hmm... the kid is old enough to be... there was that charioteer.. yes.. about 5 years ago:

Alexa:
::the look of confusion is mirrored on alexa's face::

Ricardo:
::chuckles:: There, there. Now where are your parents?

Caradoc:
you and mommy

An:
((Kill it, its the devil, kill it))

Ricardo:
::Smiling he shrugs at Alexa:: I'll play along. And who is mommy?

Caradoc:
::he looks a bit flustered:: Mommy is mommy

Ricardo:
And does mommy have a name?

Caradoc:
::just stares at him like he's insane:: yeah, Mommy ::still wrapped around ric's leg::

Ricardo:
::shrugs at Alexa again:: A precocious little child.

Alexa:
He seems convinced

Ricardo:
::trying to ignore the child:: I must say that your singing was exquisite tonight.

Caradoc:
::the child, sensing being ignored, starts jabbering:: Mommy told me i's see you here... An here you are, see, mommy was right

GM:
((by GM fiat, since ruiz hasnt had anything to do, i declare he and obelia walk up to see this.. the don trying to be smooth with a kid on his leg))...

Ricardo:
::to the child:: Well, why don't you find mommy and bring her here so she can talk to me.

Caradoc:
Because she said she was going on a trip an I can stay wit you

Ricardo:
::to Ruiz:: Ah, Ruiz. I believe you enjoyed the singing of Alexandra tonight?

Ruiz:
::looking at the Don, hand-in-hand with Obelia:: Is there something wrong?

Caradoc:
Woah.. bigman! prettypurpledress!

Ricardo:
This child is pretending that I am his father.

Caradoc:
::shakes his head:: not pretending

Ruiz:
Her singing was.. Exquisite. :looks at Obelia, still talking to the Don::

Obelia:
::obelia seems to be thinly containing laughter at the scene::

Ruiz:
Who's child is he, my lord?

Ricardo:
I don't know. I've never seen him before.

Ruiz:
::kneels down, hand proffered toward child:: What is your name, little man?

Caradoc:
::shakes, his hand disappearing in ruiz's:: Caradoc

Ruiz:
I am Isfahan. ::shakes back:: And how are you tonight, Caradoc?

Caradoc:
Good.. good party

Ruiz:
Yes... Good party indeed..! ::smiles:: Where is your mother?

Caradoc:
I dunno.. mebbe here... mebbe gone now

Ruiz:
What is her name, little one?

Caradoc:
Mommy

Ruiz:
::grins, and stands once more:: One moment, Caradoc.

Ricardo:
This is disconcerting. I believe he may have been abandoned by his mother.

Caradoc:
Ab..abad.. noned?

Ruiz:
One moment, Obelia, if you please. Lord Ric, one moment, please?

Ricardo:
::looks down at the child around his leg:: I don't think I'm going very far right now.

Alexa:
::still trying to decide if this is a game or not:

Ruiz:
::whispers in Lord Ric's ear:: Don't talk about abandonment around the little one.

GM:
((noo.. he's abandoned us too))

Ruiz:
((lmao))

Ruiz:
::turns to Obelia:: My lady, may I ask you a question?

Obelia:
Of course

GM:
((wow, lots of puntin going on))

Ruiz:
((Damn.. Got booted.))

GM:
((you were about to ask a question))

Ruiz:
((sure was.))

Ricardo:
((sorry. sys lock-up. had to reboot.))

Ruiz:
My Lady, what.. er.. how...

GM:
((i feel your pain))

Ruiz:
When I said what I said tonight, before.. How did you.. feel... About what I said?

Ricardo:
((what happened?))

GM:
((i killed them all))

Ricardo:
((excellent))

Obelia:
::she looks unsure about what your meaning was::

Ricardo:
((I knew we should never have trusted the kid))

GM:
((he was a hitmark))

Ruiz:
When I told you that I loved you?

GM:
((sprouted a chaingun and claws and killed them all))

Ricardo:
((which version?))

GM:
((standard, only 2d primium))

An:
((Bak))

Ruiz:
How did it make you feel..?

Ruiz:
((wb))

Obelia:
::seems very reluctant to speak on this in company::

Ruiz:
::takes her by the hand, separating them from the rest of the group::

GM:
::leaving Ricardo in a hallway trying to sweet talk a woman with a rugrat on his leg::

Obelia:
<q> I.. don't know... love wasnt part of my training

Ruiz:
Neither was it mine. But.. ::taking hands in hers:: I now how I feel about you.

Ruiz:
I have known for a very long time.. I think about you everyday.

GM:
((heh.. all this happiness... how can i destroy it?... i think elder horrors should do it))

Ricardo:
((unfortunately this time the Love Boat is headed straight for the Void))

Tien:
((LOL))

An:
((Void Kraken))

Ruiz:
I cannot get you off of my mind, Obelia. I love you, compeletely and truly.

Obelia:
I... I think I return it

GM:
((and then she explodes, leaving the ruined bits of flesh in ruiz's hands))

Aricus:
((eeeeeewwwwwwww))

An:
((No, no, no... you've got it all wrong, the Brain bomb I implanted in her while she slept was there to take them both out))

Ruiz:
::mouth closed, moves quickly to get to cover::

Alexa:
::she smiles:: Sometimes the church decides that a voice is better lifted in an unofficial manner... it's not something i like to talk about

Ruiz:
::looking around, drawing katana, searching for shooter::

GM:
((the hell Ruiz? i was kidding))

Ruiz:
((LOL dammit, I thought that was real. LOL strike that off the record.))

An:
((Thats what the (( )) was for..))

GM:
((rofl.. watch the parenthesis))

An:
((And no, I didn't place in a brain bomb))

Tien:
((Yet))

Ricardo:
((this is almost as good as Tien killing the guy he was supposed to be healing))

Tien:
((That was the Pancreator's will))

Ricardo:
((and we've got the dice to prove it))

Ruiz:
::moves to hold her in his arms::

Obelia:
::she allows him to, but then says:: We both have commitments

Ruiz:
::looks down:: Yes, we do. ::then looks back up at her:: But for the moment, we have each other. If only for one night.

GM:
::she nods and the ellipsis close in on ruiz and obelia::

GM:
::tien notices something moving on the roof::

Tien:
::Looks up from Elena's eyes.::

GM:
::it looks like the shadow of an angel.. creeping on the roof::

GM:
::being very loud about it::

Tien:
Elena? Is that AN?

Elena:
::elena turns and looks, the red flash of her eye thus hidden from him:: Yes, wonder what he's doing

An:
((Tien knows me well))

GM:
::the kid is still wrapped around ric's leg::

Ricardo:
::to Alexa:: I hear you may be staying with the Hazat for a while.

Alexa:
::still bemused at the kid:: Yes.. Seemingly... Well, the deal is still in the works

Tien:
((The love boat, soon will be making another run....))

Ricardo:
How only "seemingly"? ::surprised:: I didn't know the Church was willing to "deal" its Chorali away. It's a rare blessing when we get to see a Chorali at all in Hazat space.

Caradoc:
So.. daddy.. where you live?

Ruiz:
((LMAO you got one of Bebe's kids. lmao!!))

Tien:
((But where's Bebe?))

Ricardo:
Did your mother really leave you here?

Caradoc:
Yeah, she went on a trip

Ruiz:
((lmao))

Ricardo:
((i'm gonna need to pull out here pretty soon))

Tien:
((Ditto))

GM:
((yeah, we all are, figure out what to do with the kid))

An:
((Kill him, he's the devil, Kill it now))

Ricardo:
((is there a trash compactor nearby, or how 'bout an orphanage))

Tien:
((They kid will come along with us. Will allow Elena and Tien to be serigate parents.))

GM:
((orphanage.. imagine the scandal))

An:
((You know I can "Cancel a Contract" for you if you wish. =) ))

Ricardo:
((I didn't know you dabbled in the "Art" An.))

Ricardo:
((BTW are there any Muster at this party--an idea is coming to me))

An:
((I'm a Reeve, just as bad))

GM:
((not that you saw.. evil irresponsible person))

Tien:
((Tien needs a playmate.))

GM:
((okay, in game people))

Tien:
((Can't you see Tien and the kid running around and playing as we head out into the void?))

Ricardo:
Well, Caradoc. I think we'll have to take you to see the Duke.

Caradoc:
Okay daddy

GM:
::the kid does, alexa realizes, look a lot like Ric::

Ricardo:
::to Alexa:: Would you care to accompany a man and a child to find the Duke?

Alexa:
::shrugs:: Sure

Ricardo:
Come on, Caradoc. Let's go see the Big Man. ::heads off in search of the Duke::

GM:
((hmm.. that's a good stop))

GM:
~~~ OOC ~~~

Ruiz:
Hey Tom, does Ric play in the NBA?

Ricardo:
naughty, evil GM

Ruiz:
lmao.. :P

An:
hehe...

GM:
i'm the devil

Ricardo:
hmmm. I've never thought of the Hazat as basketball players. It might work though.

An:
Thats what you think, besides your just the head infernalist.

GM:
damnit, i am not the head infernalist!

An:
yes you are, I know, I'm an ST, I play the Demon that owns your soul

GM:
that was not in my history

An:
Give me a second I'll add it in.

Ricardo:
that's okay. I'm a marauder.

Ricardo:
half the time I confuse myself

Ruiz:
lol..!

GM:
while you're in there, update my personal goals to "get out of the damn city" three times

Ruiz:
Okay all, I'm off. Have a good night.

GM:
night

Ricardo:
g'night

GM:
night

An:
Get out of the damn city. Get out of the fucking city, please. Get the fuck out NOW!!! AHHH

An:
Night